Wednesday, June 29, 2016

A Tale of Two Graduations

The week after school let out for me we headed to San Diego for the high school graduations of my niece and nephew, Lauren and James.  The tricky part was that the graduations were on the same day, back-to-back. We were originally going to Uber it but my dad volunteered to be our personal Uber driver for the day.

The first graduation was Lauren's at Westview. This is supposed to be one of the most academically competitive schools in the area. They run their class schedules similar to colleges. It wasn't built when I was a teenager so it was fun to see. Also, there was a cabana selling smoothies and coffee.








Next up was James' graduation at Mt. Carmel, my Alma Mater (and that of all my siblings). Needless to say it's gets nostalgic going back there, especially the track! 











We're so proud of both James and Lauren for accomplished so much during high school! James is attending UC Santa Barbara and Lauren will be taking a gap year and we wish them luck as they move on to new phases of their life!

Bonus: I think we figured out why Ollie gets scared of Dave sometimes . . .







No comments: