Tuesday, February 2, 2016

The Beginning of Winter Break

As soon as school and work let out for Winter Break, John and I threw our bags in the car and drove south to join my Dad for the Las Vegas Bowl.  BYU was playing the U which made for an exciting rivalry! It was my second football game ever (my first was on a date with John at BYU before we were engaged). My brother-in-law Greg and my niece, who is now taller than I am, came up from San Diego as well.  Even though the first half of the game was difficult to watch, it ended up being more entertaining toward the later end.

Me and my tall niece! 

We had dinner at Yuyu, an authentic Japanese restaurant off the strip. It's becoming our favorite place to eat when we visit my parents. Their katsu dinner is spot on! 

Christmas Break this year brought some unexpected turns. John's dad came down with pneumonia and had to go to the hospital.  We left Vegas early to help out in Denver and to spend time in the hospital. John's dad had a long stay during which he also had to get a peg tube put in.  We are so thankful he is home now and are hoping that he continues to grow stronger.  Even though these times are trying, I really admire John's mom and dad for their strength, teamwork, and the love they show one another as they live through the complications that have been brought on because of David's M.S.


David got home for the hospital right in time for Christmas Eve and all the holiday celebrations. We had a lovely dinner, the annual LeSueur family talent show, and bell carols. There are lot of pictures here!


They start so young with the Ipads! 










Mary leading in the chime carols is a tradition in this house.









Grandma LeSueur was visiting for the month of December from San Clemente.

Brother and Sister! This is one of my favorites!


No comments: