Monday, April 27, 2015

Lions & Good Japanese Food in Vegas

We went to visit my parents, who are currently living in Las Vegas, for spring break.  My mom hates (really HATES) the strip so we had a unique tour of off-the-strip activities during our stay.

First up was the lion habitat, which being an animal lover, I was very excited about. The lions did not disappoint! We were lucky to see some tiny cubs that were only a few days old and watch a group of kids get sprayed by territorial males.  That was actually really hilarious! I'm probably a bad person because I laugh at things like kids getting sprayed with lion urine, but so be it. There were points during our time there when one lion would start roaring and then all the lions would join in. It was both exciting and terrifying at the same time and I could only imagine how it would feel if you heard something similar in the wild. This is kind of a weird smattering of pictures from two different cameras.







Later that night we went out for dinner at Yuyu. I've been deprived of anything authentic in Utah and it was so nice to eat some good Japanese food for once. I think I could go to Vegas just to eat. They also had a Filipino restaurant next door that sold ginataan, which is a favorite dessert of mine from the mission days, but it was sold out. So sad!





3 comments:

Emily said...

Love the pictures! I didn't know your parents are in Vegas? For how long?

holtkamp said...

That looks awesome! I need to try more Filipino food, I've really only had lumpia.

Melinda said...

@Emily I know! It's weird! they'll be there for at least a year. My dad has a work project there that will take some time to complete.