Saturday, July 19, 2014

San Francisco Family Reunion

John arrived home from scout camp in one piece.  It sounded like their camp was quite luxurious compared to what visions I had conjured up in my head.  Five Guys, Dominoes, rock wall climbing, and golfing are just some of the activities they got to participate in. John came back with a cold and so we're taking Saturday off to sit around and rest. We haven't done that in awhile. It also means that we have to postpone our anniversary celebration until who knows when. I'm a little bummed about that. Anyway, with all this sitting around the house I thought it would be a good time to catch up.

Family Reunion In San Francisco 

 We had a short Mori family reunion in the Bay Area.

 Dave's meat cone at the Ferry Building. My favorite thing I ate there was actually the ground farro porridge that my mom ordered. It was soo good! 

 Of course we did Alcatraz. 

 "Don't drop your soap!" at the showers.


 At night we got together for dinner with the rest of the family. This is my dad and most of his living siblings.  Uncle Tom is on the far right. Our gathering was in part to celebrate his 88th birthday which is significant in Japanese tradition.

Matching Pikachu hats! 

No comments: