Monday, August 26, 2013

Back to School!


 
 The start of the school year is the true start of the new year for anyone in education. Therefore, a list of resolutions is in order!
  1. Start getting ready for bed at 9:30pm and be asleep by 10:30. This might be to lofty a goal for me since I'm a night owl, but I'm going to try.
  2. Up by 6am sharp with enough time to have breakfast at home instead of at my desk.
  3. Pick outfit the night before. My older sister, Lisa, used to do this when she was in high school but would pick her clothes out for the whole week. Talk about being organized! I've had one too many wardrobe crises in the morning which have made me late (silly but true) so I'm hoping this will help.
  4. Pack lunch the night before.  This will not only help me be more organized in the morning, but will ensure that I'm eating more fruit and vegetables, which are the things I run out of time to pack if I'm in a rush. 
Are there any other get ready quick tips you know of?


6 comments:

Roni, Coleman, Makadie and Anika said...

Make sure you have your shoes ready and together! Having only ONE shoe is our biggest morning hang up and has made us late more times than I can count!!

beckie said...

I assemble everything into piles (in the bathroom, on the kitchen table) so that I don't have to rummage for keys and find the other shoe in the pile at the bottom of my closet (just like already mentioned)

Also I have found having a mental plan on what I am going to eat for breakfast to help me too. Since I don't want to eat in seminary, I try and eat at home which can easily be cut if I'm not ready to eat yogurt and already have a spoon on the table.

Love the picture! I can't believe it has been 7 years already.

Nash said...

Those sound like my exact list of goals! We can be goal buddies this year ;). Good luck with school!

Nash said...

Those sound like my exact list of goals! We can be goal buddies this year ;). Good luck with school!

Nash said...

Those sound like my exact list of goals for this year. We should be goal buddies. Good luck with school!

Emily said...

Your students are so lucky to get you!!! You look great! I totally agree- everything that can be done the night before gets done the night before- clothes (and shoes), breakfast, lunch, phone charged, wallet and bag packed etc.