Thursday, May 23, 2013

I haven't said much here lately because there's been a lot going on and not a lot of time to sit in front of the computer (unless it's in front of the computer editing photos).

End of year testing is done and it's a big relief!

The field trip is over! It was a little crazy, I won't lie.  We got rained on and the museum wouldn't let us eat inside. I had parents tell me they'd rather chaperone 2nd graders because middle school kids are a lot harder. Welcome to my world! 7th graders start getting more attitude at the end of the year and we had kids trying to ditch and wander off on their own. In their defense, our kids were a lot better behaved than the elementary aged kids visiting that day. We were willing to yell at our students if need be while the elementary let their kids run amok and jump over things. Not cool. 4th graders had also broken an exhibit the week before we arrived.

Young Women is busy and going well. We're starting to prepare for camp. They have a second girl's camp here just for 7th and 8th graders and they're also having Trek this summer. At least that's a lot of outdoor time for the teens and less time on Ipods.

There's only 8 days of school left! Then I start school myself as a student. I'll be taking a studio photography class at SLCC.

The Shabby shoot was a good adventure with a digital SLR for me. I didn't have time/energy to shoot any film. I did like the 85mm lens with the 5D Mark II.  I might have to get myself a similar set up. So tempting, but I also feel I'd be selling out somehow. It's all in my head of course. I'll share images from the shoot once the line is released.

Free minutes have been dedicated to catching up on sleep and reading snippets of my book which I'm slightly obsessed with. John has returned me to my fantasy roots which I'm trying to embrace. I mean Peter Dinklage is becoming a household name and once the stuff starts becoming SNL fodder it's no longer so underground dorky right?

We'll be celebrating John's birthday finally on Friday!

And the new Daft Punk album. I've been listening to a lot of that lately.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Glad for the update and that the craziness of the end of the school year is winding up. I shot with my friend's 85mm lens and am kinda obsessed with it but should probably get some kind of zoom lens first or just upgrade my 50mm. :) Sounds like your summer's gonna be fun!