Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Too Cold For Meandering

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sorry there are so many pictures of just me! The ones of John are all on my camera but they'll be coming shortly. After vacationing in warm San Diego and coming back to lots of snow, I decided it was time to get out doors again, stretch our legs, breathe in some crisp air, and warm up our shutter fingers. We visited Saratoga Springs on one of our favorite easy nature walks in hopes that the short distance and warm steam would prevent us from turning into icicles. When we got out of the car the temperature was 9 degrees fahrenheit and by the time we returned it was -1! I think this is definitely the coldest winter I've experienced here.  The nice thing though was that the warm water attracted a lot of wildlife: a family of deer, sparrows, woodpeckers, and cranes were all out and about despite the weather.  There was even duckweed flourishing in some of the tepid puddles. The steam helped a little with the cold but it froze when it hit my hair, turning it a nice white in the front.  Now I know what I'll look like when I start to go grey!

3 comments:

Miriam L. said...

I'm trying to find words to describe how gorgeous those pictures are, but I'm having trouble. The colors! The contrast! The composition! Ack!

Also, I'm a little sad that our friend wasn't there "...in the natural position." ;)

Kendrick and Desiree said...

Melinda you look so pretty in that darling red coat! That is the PERFECT coat for you. And those boots...love 'em!

Kristen said...

LOVE your red coat! These are such pretty photos with that against all the white. And brrr...I'm over the cold. Time for Spring!