Monday, December 10, 2012

 
Life has been a little bit like this lately. It's cold and dark. I'm tired and want to be lazy. I want to stay snuggled under warm blankets watching a movie. I got into a weird habit this weekend of taking a nap at 6 or 7pm. That's not such a good idea. In actuality we've been running around from event to meeting to event. This is just what I want to be doing after work.

In other aspects, I made gak (slime) with the 7th graders on Friday for a Stretch activity and it was crazy! Thanks Miriam for the idea! Imagine 80 twelve year olds mixing glue, hot water, food dye and borax. They also had to measure out the borax apothecary style on a triple beam balance, so some of them ended up with what looked like brains instead of slime. What was I thinking! It was cool though and everyone had a good time. I felt like a bouncer turning kids away who had waited in line to get into my classroom.

The Hobbit comes out this weekend and I have tickets! Gandalf, it's been too long! 

I made some photography goals. Hopefully I'll stick to them.  I should post them and maybe it'll make it seem more final to me.

Christmas shopping is done! Throw your hands in the air and wave 'em like you just don't care!


2 comments:

Emily said...

Gak sounds like fun, but not as much fun as The Hobbit!

Miriam L. said...

Yay! I bet you're the coolest teacher at that school. And hey, if this whole education thing doesn't work out, you can always put bouncer experience on your resume and work downtown at the Tavernacle! Hah!