Monday, December 17, 2012

"Despair will one day be swallowed up in a fulness of joy"

I know most of us are still shocked and saddened by recent incidents.  Being a teacher, it was very hard news for me and I get a little panicky thinking about it, almost to the point where I don't want to talk about it unless it's about concrete plans I can put into action to keep my kids safe in school.  In light of what happened in Connecticut, I read a conference talk that I remember touching me profoundly when I first heard it.  We hadn't experienced a loss of a child at the time, but it was comforting in helping me come to grips with the loss of the opportunity for one as of now.  Reading it yesterday was healing for me and continues to be as I silently ponder and mourn the lives of those lost.

2 comments:

holtkamp said...

that is a great talk, thanks for sharing. what happened in newton is still unfathomable to me.

Emily said...

Thanks for sharing this article; I really needed to reread it.