Thursday, September 20, 2012

Slightly embarrassing viewings of late

Me: The 1997 cartoon version of The Hobbit - I am actually not really ashamed about this. I loved that cartoon as a kid and always will. I get in to all the music and the scene where the goblins grab the ponies on the Misty Mountains still gives me creeps! It was the cause of all my childhood nightmares. Tonight might have to be The Return of the King cartoon.

John: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - I refused to watch this with John because I hated it so much when it came out while I was in high school.  I thought Sarah Michelle Gellar's character was annoying and a tramp and sent the wrong message to adolescent girls.  I did like the movie with Kristy Swanson and Luke Perry though ("Pike's not a name. It's a fish!"). It was much better, in my opinion, than the TV show.  Don't even get me started on Angel.

To make up for the previous two items we watched the first episode of Downton Abbey season 3 together.  Gosh I've missed that show!



1 comment:

holtkamp said...

we haven't watched the new downton yet...but we will this weekend hopefully!