Friday, July 20, 2012

San Diego Zoo

 
 
 
 
My older sister Lisa had some free passes to the zoo. I hadn't been since I went with my niece (pictured above) when she was around 3. Now she's almost 13 and I got to experience it all again with her. We have this joke that Claire has to be quite in the Panda exhibit. When she was a kid we got scolded by the zoo keepers who had put up a silence sign for the then new born panda. It was John's first time seeing panda bears in real life.

When I was small, some of my favorite parts of the zoo were the bread mouse house and the bunny petting area.  The bunnies are in slightly inaccessible cages now, but the mouse house lives on!  If I baked that and put it out in these parts I'm sure it'd be full of voles.

4 comments:

holtkamp said...

is that two-headed snake still there?

Emily said...

John's face is awesome. :)

Melinda said...

Michelle loves snakes so we looked at the whole reptile house, but didn't see the two headed snake!

holtkamp said...

oh yeah, i forgot about snakey :)