Saturday, June 16, 2012

Roatan Part 1

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
   
Yes, the water really is that clear and that blue! This is how we spent the majority of our time on Roatan: sleeping, eating, reading, swimming, lounging, taking naps, and watching movies on John's laptop. It was really hot while we were there. I guess that's why it's the off season in the Caribbean. My grandparents lived in Maui, so I am familiar with tropical weather, but while we were in Honduras it was 90 degrees F and 80% humidity. The only comfortable places were in the water, the shade, or the air conditioned room. The ocean was like a luke warm bath.

We were both really careful to reapply sunscreen every hour and stay in the deep shade. Despite all our best efforts, I got burned! I never burn. I think the shade shifted while I was sleeping under the palm canopy just in a small spot. Thank goodness for aloe vera. The only burn John got was from the airplane when he left the shade open.

2 comments:

holtkamp said...

that sounds like the perfect vacation!

Mary said...

This looks beau-ti-ful! I am jealous. It looks like you had an amazing time. Cute swimsuit, by the way! Also, that water looks sooo inviting.. I want to swim in it right now!