Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Gypsy Girl


I should label these posts "Strange movies I've seen on Netflix instant play". These are the oddities that are among the 200 movies in our instant queue that I start going through late at night on the rare occasion that I am home alone. I was originally drawn to Gypsy Girl because it had Hayley Mills, and who doesn't love Hayley from their childhood days watching the Parent Trap? This one was so weird though, and of course I couldn't stop watching it.  Pluses were Ian McShane was good looking back in the day and the kids delivered some cute lines.  Hayley Mills was alright, but her character is so spacey that it was a little distracting at times. I did relate to wanting to bury hamsters and dig them back up again, but that was when I was 7, not 17.

2 comments:

holtkamp said...

ha, ha, i remember her from pollyanna - did you ever see that?

Melinda said...

Yes, I did see that one too! I had forgotten about it!