Friday, February 10, 2012

English Tea










These are the earrings I photographed to go along with Shabby Apple's Mad Hatter dresses.  It was a lot of fun thinking of the backgrounds! Since I had been watching a ton of Downton Abbey, I used the Edwardian Era as inspiration: lace, pastels, biscuits, loose leaf tea, and salmon pink roses.  I ate all of the cookies afterward and put the roses in a modern vase to beautify our home.  Turns out the roses were also handy to use in a flower dissection I did with my students once they wilted a little. Science and art combine!

5 comments:

holtkamp said...

very nice styyling mel! those cookies are making me hungry, especially if those are shortbreads!

Melinda said...

Yeah! They're Scottish shortbread! They had them in the imported section of the grocery store. It did make me think of you guys! John polished those off single handed.

Emily said...

Perfect for a tea party. :)

Amanda said...

YUM. and everything looks so purty. makes me want to buy some of those earrings...and some scottish shortbread cookies. they are SO good.

Anne said...

Melinda these photos are so stunning! You did such a creative job with the props, I love it!