Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Last Day






This was the day before I had to go back to work after the shortest public school winter vacation known on Earth. 6 days! Really?

Morning - Slept in until 10 and went out for bagels and yogurt at Einstein's. After we ate we took a short walk around the wetlands and met a mutt named Theodore that I was hoping we could steal.

Afternoon - unpacking from our trip, a little laundry, and organizing. John had a few hours of work to do. Our soundtrack consisted of the songs we downloaded from Sub pop as well as Molly's masterfully mixed CD.

Evening - we took a wooded walk (see how quickly I get stir crazy?) along a stream. There was a chestnut tree that dropped it's nuts all over the ground. I threw them at John. They were next to a fire that had been put out. I got a kick out of that for some reason. In the end we went to Maxwell's for some cheesy NY style pizza to warm up.

5 comments:

holtkamp said...

6 days?! that's worse than byu! :( i like your pictures though! i'm craving some pizzeria 712 now.

Emily said...

6 days! How is that possible? Ditto what Jen said. I like the picture of you and tell us about the lighting. . .

Melinda said...

Thanks! John took it. The light, well, it was actually getting dark really fast. My film was too slow so I didn't get to use my camera. f2 @ 1/50th ISO 800.

beckie said...

6 days is ridiculous but you know what isn't ridiculous? John' coat. I really like it.

Kari said...

You're photos are incredible Melinda, you are so talented!! You're also gorgeous, I love first picture of you!