Monday, November 28, 2011


We're back from visiting family in San Diego for Thanksgiving break . I finally took some pictures! They'll be sent off to the lab tomorrow. It was so gorgeous back home! 75 degree weather, green grass, ocean breezes, and hydrangeas in bloom. Each time I go back I realize how much I took all this for granted while growing up.

John will soon be leaving for a week long trip to Denver. He'll be staying with his dad while his mom flies to New York to be with my two sisters-in-law who are expecting soon (and due with in a week of one another!).  I hate HATE being alone, partly because I get bored, but mostly because I get easily frightened at night when I'm by myself.  No doubt I will take the kitchen knife set up to the bedroom with me each night.  I wish I had our family's old wooden kendo sword.  That would work too. I am thankful that John's work is so flexible and that it allows him to be with family. I just need to take some self defense classes, get an alarm system, and a firearms permit.

7 comments:

Emily said...

Love that picture of you. Glad you had a great visit! You're totally welcome to come visit if you don't want to be alone. :)

holtkamp said...

i miss home! hopefully one day, we'll all be back! i thought you took a self defense class... :)

Melinda said...

Haha! Yes I did! Freshman year with JP. It was actually Tae kwon do but I'm finding that without practice I've lost it all and also when I've tried it out on John, my mass seems to be a limiting factor in its effectiveness.

Jen said...

Haha who could ever forgot our freshman self defense class. :) If you're bored, gimme a call! We'll be trying to get stuff ready for Brian's firm, but a break / time to hang out with you would be really fun!

molly said...

Oh my gosh, you are so funny. Take the whole set, but please leave them in the knife block on the night stand.

KM said...

San Diego sounds amazing! I am the same way about being alone at home! I hate it! The first night we moved it Nic had a bachelor party and I was terrified! I heard what I though was the bath filling up... water softner and cars pulling into our driveway.. really just the neighbors.. I call him at 2 a.m. and made him come home! We have an extra bed at our house.. just saying!

Stephanie said...

I STILL sleep with the TV on when Jim goes out of town :)