Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Queen of Hearts














So, like I said, nothing too fancy for Halloween this year. I mostly really wanted the Ban.do headband and thought it would be great for Valentine's day as well! I used clothing and make-up I already owned, made a tiny heart scepter with paint and glitter from the local craft store, and bought cheap accessories at Claire's Boutique. I did try to get my hair up in some kind of a sophisticated updo, but I failed. My hair is obnoxiously thick and often breaks pony tail holders. I'm lucky if I can get it to stay in a ponytail.

7 comments:

holtkamp said...

i think you look great mel!

Kristen said...

You looked darling! I loved your costume!

Kali said...

That first picture is to die for. Adorable. Did John take that or did you? I like how simple your costume is and yet still creative. I have the hardest time with that! Hence I always end up recycling the same costume year after year... ha. I wish I still lived close. You could help me plan a costume and I could show you some editing tricks (not that your photography needs them) :)

Emily said...

What a great idea! LOVE these pictures!!

beckie said...

Great costume.

If you're looking for something awesome to do updos with. I got those metal hair twists at target, I think they are like $6-7 but they are wonderful. I have lots of thick hair and have broken my fair share of hair ties.

You're the Best to my Friend! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melinda said...

Thanks for the advice Beckie!
Kali, I set up the shot, picked the distance, and had John take it on his camera.