Saturday, October 8, 2011

Sukiyaki and Cupcakes


Living in a different state than the rest of my family, I often find myself missing my mom's homemade cooking, especially her Japanese food. On Friday, my food dreams were fulfilled when we went over to have Sukiyaki (Japanese hot pot) at the Henry's home with Jed, Tanei, and Bryce. The broth was "aged" and delicious as it marinated the leeks, beef, tofu, and cabbage. It was the perfect dinner for the cold weather and snow flurries we've had recently. I was so into my food and the conversations, that I neglected to take any pictures, but here is a poorly exposed one of the cupcakes I brought. These were the ones I baked for a church activity back in August, but I made the same Cake Doctor Strawberry Cream Cheese recipe for that night. Nohea loved the cream cheese frosting and ate off the tops. She is darling!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Those cupcakes look so good and I love that your outfit coordinates! Glad you got some good food!!!