Saturday, October 1, 2011

A need to shoot


Ever since school started I haven't really picked up my cameras.  It's kind of driving me crazy and invokes feelings of guilt and longing.  I have been gathering some foggy ideas of things I'd like to try, but have lacked the time, energy, and circumstances to carry them out. I am hoping to shoot more often.
    The thing taking me away from my cameras is teaching.  In a way, I don't really mind this and it kind of lessens the remorse of not shooting.  I am truly and honestly loving teaching this year.  My students are incredibly smart, funny, and hard working. Their respect and love has made me want to work hard for them, even when I am grading all their late work on a Saturday.  I come home from school these days and declare to John that I am enamoured with my kids and I can't stop talking about them. I don't think I've ever had a year quite like this in my career.  I feel so blessed and grateful for the opportunity to teach.

    7 comments:

    Amanda said...

    Melinda, that is so sweet. You renew my faith in the US school system! :)

    Emily said...

    I wish I could've had a teacher like you. Your students sure are lucky.

    Tanei Atagi said...

    Congratulations on a great bunch of students! You certainly deserve them!

    What a cool weekend. Thanks for sharing!

    luvsfun said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    luvsfun said...

    You've turned the corner and you'll never go back. This love affair is something that John is going to have to compete with for the rest of his life. Lucky students. Luckier you. I love you, Melinda!

    whitney allison said...

    That's so great that you are loving your students so much. Lucky them and lucky you.

    Nash said...

    Hey Mel, don't worry I am taking more than enough pictures to compensate for your lack of photo taking. I think I have already taken well over 1000 pictures since I have been here. So don't worry about it too much.