Monday, October 31, 2011

Frosting


John has been cooking a lot lately. I know I don't give him enough credit for his efforts.  Last week he made the cinnamon cream cheese frosting for the pumpkin cake we took to the Whipple's Halloween get together. Here is the recipe. The cake was a success and John said it was good, even though he normally hates all things pumpkin.

Have a happy Halloween! My costume was pretty low key since I had to be able to teach in it. In otherwords, it couldn't be too crazy because I had to maintain my status as authority figure in the classroom and the kids get hyped up as it is today.  There's a Halloween dance after school and it's my 7th graders first dance ever. They're anxious and excited.  These years are so awkward! NPR did a recent episode on Middle School and I'll be listening to it today.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Ahhhh....middle school dances. Where the term "wallflower" comes heavily into play. Whenever I think of mine the song "White Lines" comes to mind.