Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Gluttony

After a doctor's appointment yesterday, I decided to do the grocery shopping while I was out and about.  I had the weirdest assortment of items in my cart.  In category A: Chobani greek yogurt, cilantro, giant pink grapefruits, strawberries, white peaches, hummus, steel cut oats, whole wheat bread, Roma tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, and onions.  If you couldn't tell, I'm making some pico this week. In category B: Banana Creamies,  apple fritter, tortilla chips, bagels (which Carl likes to remind us are worse for you than donuts), Kozy Shack rice pudding, a hunk of fried chicken and a fried potato.  I guess it all equals out in the end, right? I relearned my lesson to never grocery shop while starving.  As soon as I got to the car I ravenously ripped open the plastic bag and devoured the Jojo fried potato (Mojojojo!).   Oh blessed greasy goodness! I think I startled the person in the van next to me. Harmon's has the best grocery store deli/salad bar in these parts.  I've already planned a picnic around their food.

No comments: