Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Taquitos and Cheesecake

 

 

  

My friends surprised me with a home made birthday dinner while the husbands were away at priesthood session.  They are so sweet! We had taquitos de papas, salsa, horchata, queso fresco, Mexican crema, and cheesecake with strawberries for dessert.  Angelica is a master chef when it comes to Mexican food and I could eat those taquitos all day! I also finally got up the courage to hold baby Izzy.  I have a fear of holding really small newborn babies.  I always feel like I'm going to drop them! Izzy was nice and cuddly though and I got to sit in the rocker so he was safe.

6 comments:

Emily said...

Yum! You've got some great friends! Izzy is so cute!!

holtkamp said...

i LOVE those taquitos!!! and you guys! i'm so sad i missed it!

Melinda said...

We missed you too Jen! With you and Dave gone there is a gaping hole in our little group :(

Brian said...

Izzy told me after you left that he was glad you held him. He likes meeting new people!

Tara said...

So jealous of your access to Angelica's food! Happy LATE birthday!

Melinda said...

Thanks Tara! I wish I had more access to Angelica's food! Like back in the Terrace :)Also, I always make Haystacks now, something I learned from you back in the day!