Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Shabby Apple Product Shots













Here is my little photo project that I've been waiting to share with you! I have been shooting some accessories for Shabby Apple and it's been so fun! I've been using a macro lens. It has been creatively fulfilling to work in miniature and create tiny sets for the pieces.  I also got to scour vintage/second hand stores for props and roam the land to gather spring buds and flowers.You can see more of Shabby Apple's accessories here.

If you know me, you know that I only shoot film, but using a macro lens requires a steady hand and precise manual focus.  I wanted to make sure I got the shots right and with this being my first adventure in macro photography, I thought I'd use John's camera just in case.  I will be shooting some in film in the future though.  Honestly, it hurt my pride a little to switch cameras, but I felt I learned a few things and I know John felt triumphant.

14 comments:

Anne said...

Wow that is so awesome Melinda!

Amanda said...

How awesome! You did a fantastic job!

Emily said...

These are gorgeous! What a great opportunity! :)

Kristen said...

Those turned out beautiful Melinda! It's not the camera, it's for sure the operator!

holtkamp said...

great job mel!

whitney allison said...

You're so famous! They look great.

Jen said...

Wow I had no idea you were doing these! How did this all come about? You did an amazing job!

holtkamp said...

p.s. - they look fabulous on the site!

Angie said...

FABULOUS job Melinda!! I love them all (and I love Shabby Apple!) So jealous of this project. :)

Kali said...

Wow Melinda!! That is awesome! What a neat opportunity. I think they turned out awesome!!

Leslie said...

Super cool pics. Thinking about ditching teaching to do photography full time?

Melinda said...

It's a very enticing thought!

beckie said...

These look fantastic Melinda! I love all the staging with the books and cups.

Bravo!

The Carlson Crew said...

These are amazing! You are incredible.

BTW, this is John's cousin, Chrissy. :)