Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Photography and Korean Food




After our brisk walk in the wetlands we headed to Provo for the Dorthea Lange exhibit.  We both really enjoyed it.  John and I once went to Gunlock so I could gather specimens for my entomology class. It was fun to see the area before it was developed in one of Lange's photos.  From an artistic view point, it was a good opportunity to see the work of a master and think about what techniques I could concentrate on in my own photos. We also walked through the At War posters and attempted to see the Carl Bloch exhibit, but it was way too crowded.  Apparently everyone and their energetic and very vocal offspring thought that visiting the MOA was a good Friday night date, so we decided to go back on a weekday.  The day was ended with dinner at Sam Hawk.  I miss that place! I haven't found a good Korean restaurant in the Salt Lake area yet, so we just keep returning south to get our fix.

Side note: According to Jonathan Canlas' formspring, the new Portra 400 can be underexposed 2 stops for dark lighting situations.  We tested it out in the restaurant out of curiosity, and sure enough, it works! So amazing! I may be be flying flashless from now on. Oh the freedom!

3 comments:

holtkamp said...

i miss sam hawk too! we haven't found any good korean yet, although there are a ton of restaurants out here!

Emily said...

I've never been to Sam Hawk! I'm so hungry now. . . .

Love the pictures of you and John. These were taken without flash? Awesome. :)

Melinda said...

Yes, NO flash at all! This film very versatile in that way. You can use it during the day at 400 ISO and then use it without a flash (turn the exposure compensation to -2) and take pictures with the same roll of film at night without the flash.