Saturday, March 5, 2011

Never Let Me Go



I am not a good film critic, but I will say that this is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time.  It was gorgeous, haunting, and moving.  John and I both read the book during our trip to Portugal and felt that the movie did an excellent job at portraying Ishiguro's work. I also though Carey Mulligan was superb as Kathy H. I  can't wait to see her in Baz Luhrmann's The Great Gatsby next year.  The cast looks stellar!

On a side note, Carey Mulligan makes me want to cut my hair short.  I have always loved short hair more than long hair.  This is an idea imbued in my mind by my mother who wouldn't let us grow our hair out until middle school.  She always says that long hair has no style and that all long hair looks the same.  My sister believes that girls with long hair have it continually in a ponytail which makes it boring.  If only I had the right face shape/bone structure.  The one time I cut my hair short I completely looked like a moon faced Asian boy.  Not cute.  My little sister can really pull a short cut off though.  I got the wrong genes with that one.

Images from IMDB

3 comments:

Emily said...

I hadn't heard of that movie. I'm completely guilty of the long hair boring ponytail. I think you can pull off short hair. :)

molly said...

I totally wanted to see this movie, and kind of forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder, I just moved it to the top of my queue.

holtkamp said...

ok, i was going to write pretty much exactly what molly wrote! :)

i haven't seen anything with carey mulligan but have taken a recent interest after i found out she's going to be playing daisy.