Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Pirate O's







This has been one of our favorite places to go for treats ever since our friends Jen and Dave introduced us to it.  The market is full of imported snacks as well as local foods.  I like to browse the candy and tea sections while stopping to taste the yummy things at the sample table.  I am frequently amused by the variety of unique mints and gum which include flavors like hot dog, pickle, nacho, beer, corn dog, and bacon.  I think these would be great nephew gifts! John stays true to his French heritage and always makes a bee line for the refrigerated room where there is a glorious assortment of cheeses.  This day they were having a 30% off sale and so he stocked up.  I bought some chocolates for my visiting teaching ladies.  I love that they're in a pink wrapper.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Wow check out that car! This place sounds awesome. I love those Ritter chocolates and used to buy them in France all the time (I love chevre but in general I'll take the chocolate over the cheese any day!)

holtkamp said...

yum...pirate o's...i love that tiny old car they have in front!