Friday, February 11, 2011



Last weekend we met up with one of John's old mission companions in Layton.We talked about married life, kids (theirs), snacked on yummy wings and baked brie, and glanced at the Super Bowl maybe a total of 10 minutes. There was also much talk of Portugal.  That and the lovely sun today got me reminiscing.The nostalgic feelings disappeared a little as I had to stand outside without a coat for 20 freezing minutes during an emergency fire drill at the school.  At least the kids I was with were good company.  I also found a dropped iPod which received this email: "OMG! Help me! He's going to ask me to the Valentine's Dance!!!"

4 comments:

The Mulberry Girl said...

Your stories make me laugh - the excitement of middle school. These boys work up courage for DAYS to ask these girls to get turned down. And if they DON'T ask - the girls get mad! They can't win!

Emily said...

LOVE this picture!

holtkamp said...

ahh...middle school drama...that is hilarious! the greenery in that picture is so lush it looks fake!

Kali said...

haha that is funny. and that picture is not good for my health at the moment!