Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Winter Survival


Winter Survival
Winter Survival by mnm38 on Polyvore.com

When I first moved to Utah from San Diego I thought I was going to die from the change in climate, and I'm not talking about the cold.  The severe lack of moisture in the air made my unadapted skin feel akin to that of a pachyderm. My lips would flake and crack like crazy, hair would break, cuticles rip, and I my skin would itch from being so dry that I would make my back bleed from scratching it so hard and often.  These things still happen if I don't slather certain products on regularly, and I do mean slather. 

Pictured above: 
  • Burt's Bee's 24 hour moisturizing lotion in Milk and Honey
  • Body Shop Shower Gel - My favorite is Satsuma and it's not moisturizing, but the scent is the opposite of dreary winter
  • Bumble and Bumble Quench Shampoo
  • Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
  • Burt's Bee's Lemon Cuticle Cream
  • Kiehl's Lip Balm

3 comments:

Emily said...

Great picks!

KM said...

I love burts bees! I am also a huge fan of Natural Ice and Cetaphil! I bet you miss the moisture!

holtkamp said...

great products! miraculously when we moved out here, i suddenly didn't have dry skin all the time! thank goodness for a little humidity sometimes! :)