Wednesday, January 5, 2011

John's Gifts






I thought I did a pretty good job with John's gifts this year. Our first year married we had the most disastrous gift giving ever! As I recall, I bought John a bunch of clothes including a pea coat that just looked ridiculous on. He bought me a bunch of clothes as well that he picked out on his own. Sparkly sweaters don't really fly with me. We both ended up doing a lot of returns. Since then I've been better about getting things he would like and enjoy instead of gifts I would like for him.

Pictured above:
  1. Hardback edition of Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer
  2. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World DVD
  3. Super Mario Galaxy game for the Wii
  4. Cafe Rio Gift Certificate - for days when there aren't any leftovers for lunch
  5. Pirate O's Gift Certificate - to buy fancy cheese, like his favorite - Midnight Moon. That cheese was actually in the December Instyle, which made me laugh.
  6. Black Rapid camera strap - he says it's super comfortable and convenient compared to an over the neck strap. I may be a little envious.

6 comments:

holtkamp said...

yea! those look great, you did a great job! cafe rio was supposed to open up here but it's been pushed back until the end of spring :(

The Mulberry Girl said...

Awesome camera strap - did I tell you Dan bought me a Canon Rebel TSi2 or something like that? I am scared of it.

Emily said...

You did a fantastic job!

Melinda said...

@Jen for some reason I thought you hated cafe rio, but maybe that was just Geli
@Kristen that will be fun to for you to use that camera! How exciting!

Anne said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! I love the pictures and can't wait to hear how he likes the camera strap. I checked out their site and they look pretty awesome. We have that movie on our queue, if John likes it I bet Ben will!

holtkamp said...

ha, ha! the first two times i went there the service was so horrible i didn't got back for a couple of years...but then i was hooked on the food (and the service hasn't been bad since that time)!