Thursday, September 2, 2010

Hot Shots



On our last trip to the library I picked up this book. I've kind of dismissed it while walking by the photography shelf in the past because the cover looked a little too cool for me. But, I was pleasantly surprised that it was helpful. Kevin Meredith shoots a Lomo-LC-A, a camera similar to the Holga, and goes over methods to achieve well composed and exposed pictures on both film and digital cameras. The book is great for beginners and is meant to be something you can "flip in and out of". Each page has a picture and a mini lesson on topics such as composition, exposure, and depth of field.

I started getting interested in photography after receiving a Diana+ for Christmas a few years ago. It also got me interested in sticking with film. Unfortunately my Diana is a lemon, but if you've ever shot with a Holga or any another type of toy camera I think you'll especially appreciate this book.

1 comment:

holtkamp said...

you should get a holga mel!