Friday, July 16, 2010

Bastille Day








We love France and all, but this was not really for Bastille Day. It just happens that the holiday shares the date with our anniversary. Yes, that's the 2 euro cheese plate. Heck yes.

So the good: having a picnic with delicious salami and Beehive cheese, strawberries and cream, local grown orange honeydew, fudgy brownies, reading in the shade, seeing Eclipse and liking it (I didn't like the other movies much), being happy to celebrate being married, John liking the card I gave him that featured a dragon and a unicorn.

The not so good: realizing our picnic spot was in the middle of a frisbee golf course that was being heavily used by shirtless college boys and having to relocate, spilling the French lemonade all over our picnic blanket, walking through a water logged section of the Peace gardens which left me ankle deep in muddy slush.

So yeah, there were smiling parts of the day and parts where my expression wasn't so cheerful, but I guess that's like marriage in general isn't it?

6 comments:

holtkamp said...

nice pictures mel! i thought twilight would have made the 'not so good' list :)

Emily said...

Happy anniversary! Your picnic looks delicious! :)

Anne said...

Oh I love the pictures! What a fun anniversary! I love the Eiffel tower prop and will have to try that (I think I have the same one!)

Tanei Atagi said...

Gorgeous pictures! Happy Anniversary!

Melinda said...

Thanks! :)
The Eiffel tower was in the International Peace Gardens in Salt Lake. We just stopped by there for pictures because it was the only French thing we could think of in Salt Lake, besides La Caille.

beckie said...

This is the most romantic thing I have seen in a very long time. So cute.

thanks again for trekking down to our BBQ