Thursday, May 20, 2010

Red Butte Gardens












Mary is throwing Carl and CK's family wedding luncheon at the Red Butte Gardens in Salt Lake, so we went to the site to check out grounds and taste a few yummy samples from the caterer. Bacon wrapped dates . . . mmmmm. As you can see, John was still enthralled with his new lens. I think Mary and I were most impressed with the gardens since it was the first time for both of us . It smelled heavenly there, especially a plant called Korean Spice.

Unfortunately, my camera ran out of batteries, and being cheap I didn't have any spares around the house. Lesson learned! We bought a few off Amazon and John picked up a set at Forster's for immediate use. So, I got a lot of pictures from CK's shower, but maybe three from John's birthday. I think this may change me into a battery hoarder.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

whitney allison said...

Can you believe I have never been to Red Butte? It's like, the only other garden in Utah and I've never been. Always wanted to though, your pictures sure make it look beautiful.

PS So sorry I couldn't make it to John's thing. It's so hard for me to find a sitter...I just always feel so stupid asking people so once the first person can't, I usually give up! Hope it was fun.