Monday, April 26, 2010

Tea








I threw a little tea party for some of my friends.
The menu:

Organic Ginger Lime Rooibos & Strawberry Lemon Tea
Tomato Pesto Hummus Sandwiches on Croissants
Raspberry Lemon Tarts
Orange Cranberry Scones
Lemon Cream Cake

I have to mention that I am envious of Jen's vintage dress and have been for many years! She bought it back in 1998 for a Gatsby Dance at our high school when we had to learn how to do the fox trot. Lovely find. I bought one too. It's black and I like it, but it needs some tailoring and is currently somewhere in San Diego. For the dance we had to be and do a report on someone who lived in the 20's or 30's. Jen was supposed to be some tennis player, I can't remember who, and I got Greta Garbo. I also had to dance with my English teacher who hated me for asking her a question about gonorrhea during our Farewell to Arms discussion. Awkward.

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Emily said...

Your tea party looks amazing! Would you post your recipes if they're not secret? I also like Jen's dress and didn't know that awkward story.

mina said...

what a pretty dress!

i just went to high tea a few weeks ago, i never thought about doing it yourself. cute!

julianne rose said...

oh that looks so so beautiful! did you make all those scones and such?! so impressed!

holtkamp said...

mel your tea party was absolutely lovely! i'm surprised you remembered i was that tennis player, i can't even remember her name but i DO remember you dancing with ms. harkins! ha! :)

Melinda said...

Emily, I will try to post the recipes. One of them is not mine, so I'll ask. I could email them to you too!

Julianne, I did make the scones and other food. I was baking all day, but it was fun!

Kristen said...

How FUN! What a lovely party, did you do everything yourself? Sometimes entertaining sounds SO overwhelming but you just reminded me it doesn't have to be so...

Desiree said...

Don't ask me why but I LOVE pictures of food. And your photos just keep getting better and better. Maybe you could be a photography teacher one day...