Friday, April 16, 2010

Lady Brett Ashley




I've mentioned this before, but every time I read a book or movie that I like, I get caught up in the setting and culture portrayed in the story. This panama hat reminds me of something that one of the characters in The Sun Also Rises would have worn to a bullfight. I liked that the J.Crew catalog a few months back was shot in Lisbon. It gave that hat the perfect display and I could picture this couple as a modern day Lady Ashley and Jake Barnes, except she probably would not be holding his hand, the hussy.

3 comments:

Emily said...

:) Is this a sneak peak of what you'll be wearing on your trip?

Melinda said...

That would be awesome! Except I'd die in the sweater and button up in the summer. I guess the weather there is the similar to San Diego.

Bridget said...

I loved that book!