Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Phobia

Some just realized on our spring frolic.


Me -
  • Dark, deep holes where you can't see what's inside (such as one hole in San Diego dubbed "The eye hole to the doorway to hell")
  • Sharks
  • The idea of being home alone, looking up, and seeing a stranger staring through the window.
  • The goblins from The Hobbit cartoon

John -
  • Heights
  • Wasps and wasp nests and having to clear them off the lanterns in the yard
  • The olfactory tentacles of the star nosed mole
  • Knives, especially when I play with them

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

whitney allison said...

Melinda, your third fear is one of my biggest!!! I'm such a freak about it...which is why we recently had a security system installed.

John, your third one is pure hilarity.

Kali said...

Loved this post:) Well maybe not. I started thinking about all the things that I have phobia's of. Then I got grossed/freaked out. :) Thought the mole olfactory tentacles was hilarious!:) haha. That is a good one.:)

David said...

Dude, the goblins from the Hobbit cartoon- sooo scary! The king goblin is the worst! I'm glad Gandalf killed him, or I probably wouldn't ever get to sleep at night.

In the same vein as John's mole phobia, I'm freaked out by those weird, flat backed frogs (toads?) that lay eggs embedded in their backs. When I think of them, I feel sick and want to vomit. Then the thought of vomitting makes me sick and I want to... (stop here, this could go on all day).