Tuesday, March 9, 2010

For you Nature Lovers


This site by PBS is great for people like me who don't have cable. You can watch full discovery/animal channel-esque programs. They're not as amazing as Planet Earth, but still very interesting. I showed my class the one on hummingbirds as part of our bird adaptations project and I watched the episode on the Balkans, which was great. I found it amusing that the narration compares all the areas in the Balkans to Tolkien's Middle Earth - "Just like in Lord of the Rings!"

2 comments:

Kali said...

Thank you. I forgot such a great resource exists. Your bird adaptation project sounds cool. Do you still have a classroom blog? Even though Im not teaching right now it is still interesting to see great teacher's stuff.

I replied to your question on my blog... didn't know if you got it or not. Either way, the dog is a bichon-friess and poodle mix. Yup no shedding. They have real hair that doesn't shed. Not like a fur.

Emily said...

We love Nature! We've watched almost all of them (love the one about the Andes) but seem to have missed the LOTR hummingbird episode!