Monday, March 15, 2010

Feast


I just finished watching Babette's Feast and I loved it. I know it's an older movie but I had never seen it before. It left me wanting to be a better, more careful person and, of course, it renewed my vigor to make good home cooked meals. That turtle soup and Caille en Sarcophage made my mouth water!

Tonight we are making a recipe from John's mac and cheese book. It's a rigatoni with dried porcini mushrooms, sausage, cream, Gruyere cheese, and truffle oil. Hopefully it tastes as good as it sounds.

Speaking of good food, my friend Angelica is our very own Babette of Mexican food around these parts and she cooked up a delicious meal in honor of her fiance's birthday. Her tostadas with fresh pico de gallo were fabulous. I wish she lived closer and then maybe I could benefit from some leftovers.




Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Emily said...

yum! How'd the pasta turn out? That last picture is especially cool. :)

Anne said...

Oh we just watched this movie- it was so fun! I think you have the right personality to be so neat and precise in the kitchen. I'm always throwing things in and when I try to tell people the recipe it's hard!

Melinda said...

Emily - the pasta turned out great! It's probably our favorite home made mac and cheese so far. John made the picture panoramic using a free online program called hugin.

holtkamp said...

babette of mexican food! i like that! also, the panoramic turned out great :)