Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mad as a Hatter






I've been wanting to have an eclectic tea party for sometime now. The only problem is that none of my friends like tea. Oh well, I'm forcing it upon them anyways. I found these tea cups and saucers at an antique shop that is going out of business in downtown Salt Lake. They were great finds! The blue cup is from occupied Japan and the pink floral cup was said to be valued at $50 and dates back anywhere between 1870 and 1920. I got the the four pictured, plus two more cups for 10 B's. Sweet. Now I've just got to get my lazy bum into gear and finish planning a menu.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Love it! Wow, Melinda, what a great find! I'm sad I can't be there. I love (peppermint) tea and tea parties! Have a great time!

Nathan said...

I love tea. I got a Japanese tea set from my mom for Christmas. And I just gave a presentation about British tea customs in preparation for our tour to the British Isles this summer.

holtkamp said...

those are great finds! you could always do hot chocolate ha, ha! or convert us to tea :)

Anne said...

Oh those tea cups and the photos are both beautiful!

In Fiji they make tea using lemon tree leaves and brown sugar. It's delicious.

You'd better post some pictures of this tea party when you finally do it!