Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Another Snowy Exursion








Aka trying not to be wimpy and trying to get out of the house in the bitter cold. We decided we were long overdue for some good practice so we packed up every working camera we own, hiked a little in the snow, and shot around for a few hours.

I have this problem when I go out to run errands of not being hungry when I leave and then starving once I'm on the road. I usually think I can make it, so I end up not buying any food and then coming home early and grumpy because I feel like I might faint. Not very efficient. So this day I tried to be better since John was with me and did what my mom used to do when she took us anywhere as kids. I packed a lunch: ham and swiss sandwiches on wheat, grapes, Fuji apples, smoked cheddar, crackers, fruit leathers, water, and orange juice. We sat in the car eating our lunch at the top of a hill overlooking the valley. It was nostalgic and reminded me of eating breakfast at 6:50am in our empty high school parking lot after arriving from early morning seminary.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Emily said...

I'm proud of you for getting out in the cold and for packing a lunch. :) (which sounds really good btw) Oh the memories of the parking lot before school. . . .

Nathan said...

I'm jealous. I need to find me a girlfriend that will go shooting with me. It sounds like so much fun!

holtkamp said...

ha, ha i always bring snacks when i leave the house just in case :) just the other day i was thinking about being the first ones in the parking lot every single day...