Thursday, November 12, 2009

Right now

I'm still recovering from my cold. I'm feeling a lot better, but it's made it so I can hardly hear in one ear and then yesterday, half of my tongue and part of my face went slightly numb. Very strange. Due to my partial loss of hearing, I'm developing a lot of sympathy for the elderly. I've been constantly saying, "What?! Speak up!" to my students. I should add "sonny" to the end of that phrase and I'll be set! I also whacked a kid in the head because I didn't hear him trying to get my attention behind me. I'm feeling better though. Each day has brought a lot of Kleenex, strawberry cough drops, and early nights to bed. I'm looking forward to this weekend though. We're scheduled to do some maternity pictures with Beckie if the weather will hold up.

1 comment:

Jed said...

Hi, Melinda! I'm sorry you don't feel well. The worst thing is that you still have to go to work! BLAH!

You should whack kids more often - even after your hearing returns. That just sounds satisfying.

:)