Saturday, October 24, 2009

Picnic










I've been wanting to name a pet rabbit Picnic . . . anyways . . . for our first date John and I went to a soccer game followed by JP's Yom Kippur party. I planned a secret evening to recreate that first date, but instead of the having the Jewish celebration (we were a few weeks too late), we had a picnic at Utah Lake instead. The menu included Kosher salami and challah sandwiches, strawberry jello, and apples with peanut butter caramel dip. We invited friends since we were surrounded by people on the original date, but sadly Nate Cashion was out of town. That last picture was posed, and I know I'll regret putting it up, but I thought I'd be a good sport. There were a lot of mosquitoes, despite our citronella candle, and we were slapping ourselves all through the meal.

The pictures are from a test roll from the Pentax we thought had a broken mirror motor. We got the film developed at Smith's because it was cheap and fast and we were ever so eager. Unfortunately, they took the roll of negatives and folded them in an envelope, putting crease marks on some of the film. Er. Ghetto, but not fabulous.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

holtkamp said...

sounds great! except for the mosquitos. i still have never been to utah lake....

Nathan said...

:-( I'm bummed I was out of town. Thanks for thinking of me.

That Pentax camera is fabulous! It's great seeing you develop your creative eye.

Wiwi Kalawi said...

Oh! I love the last picture! Thanks for flattering me in taking it!

Tanei Atagi said...

These are beautiful pictures! You guys always have so much fun!!