Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Temple Choir


In the rush and bustle of getting things organized for this school year, I neglected to relate a wonderful experience that we had recently. Last Friday, John had the opportunity to sing in a choir for the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. Each choir member received an extra ticket, so I also had the opportunity to be inside the temple for the dedication. The decor was beautiful, but even more amazing was the feeling of peace inside. The choir sang three songs and John was in the first row right behind the prophet, President Monson. During the first choir number, Elder Uchtdorf turned around from watching the choir and mouthed an emphatic "Wow!". I was in a different room than John, but I was able to listen and watch the whole dedication on screen. One of the most touching things for me was listening and watching John sing The Spirit of God with the prophet sitting in front of him, while behind the screen hung a beautiful painting of the Savior, all in the atmosphere of the temple. I don't think I'll ever have an experience quite like that again.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

this is really sweet. made me tear up a little.

Emily said...

that is SO awesome! what a great experience!

beckie said...

Oh he must have been singing at the other session because we went and I didn't see him. That would have been cool.