Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Student Led conferences (the new version of parent teacher conferences) are this week. That means lots of grading, emails from parents to answer, and two very late nights at school. Is it normal to feel a little burned out this early in the school year? It probably doesn't help that I'm teaching about how to make data tables right now. Not my most favorite topic. I'd much rather be doing something on natural selection or anything more directly related to biology. On a happier note, it's finally feeling a little crisp around here, Gossip Girl is back on, and our house is painted and being put together. On Sunday I picked up one of my old books from my elementary school days, The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles, by Julie Andrews. Funny title, I know, but it's nostalgic for me and brings in the perfect fall atmosphere. The beginning opens with the children going to the zoo in October, drinking sugary hot chocolate with sticky doughnuts, and discussing what they're going to be for Halloween.

No comments: