Friday, August 14, 2009

Oh, why don't they have a Trader Joe's in Utah?

Stopped by Trader Joe's yesterday to pick up some goods. I love and miss this store! Great prices and great products. I'm obsessed with all the bath stuff. Why is Utah always the last to get everything?

Mochi Ice Cream in strawberry & mango - $3.50 for a pack of 8 (they sell the same thing a Happy Sumo as one of their dessert items, 2 for $6 = rip off!)
Tangerine Sugar Scrub - $6 (normally cannot find this type of product for less than $25)
Triple Milled Citrus Soap - $3
Peppermint Shower Gel - $2.50
Mango shaving cream - $3

4 comments:

Anne said...

I asked about that recently at my store (I had a friend move up to UT last year and she's missing it worse all the time) and she said they just had a bunch of training managers from Utah in our store that were being shipped out, so it wasn't likely they were opening one any time soon! :(

The honey whole wheat pretzels are so good... I love those. And they have good greek yogurt, great prices on nuts and cheese, and yummy produce. I hope they make one in Utah soon for you though!

Heidi said...

It's because they make most of their money on their liquor sales and they have too many restrictions in Utah. They don't want to have to jump through all the hoops - change the alcohol content of their products and restrict what they can and can't sell (and I don't blame them - blech to Utah sometimes). When Oliver and I go to Oregon we always stop and bring back a bunch of stuff. Yum to trail mix...

Melinda said...

That totally makes sense Heidi. I guess I'll have to stock up during vacations.

Kerstin said...

I too miss Trader Joe's so much!

I guess life will just have to go on (sniff-sniff)....