Monday, August 10, 2009

Final Outakes: Angelica



I didn't use this one because obviously her face was out of focus. It was getting dark in the orchard and it was difficult to manually focus. Angelica was a champ to willing sit on that really poky tree. The skirt I picked up at a thrift store in the Philippines. I love it because it has tons of gauzy layers. The second pic didn't have enough tonal variation and so it got cut. Black and white photography is so different than color and I'm still learning which lighting situations will provide good contrast.

Side story: while we were shooting in the orchard I had John go to the grocery store to buy some bigger apples since all the ones on the trees were still small and green. While we were waiting for John to get back a white van screeched up and it was Jonathan Canlas! He was taking a couple's engagement shots. I wanted to say hi, but I was too shy and he looked busy. Here are his pictures taken on the same day and the same place. If you can you should go to his workshop in Park City this October. I would if I could.

*Shot on a Mamiya 645, HP5 ISO 400

Posted by Picasa

No comments: