Saturday, July 25, 2009

Vintage Prom Dress


After class on Wednesday, I stopped by D.I. on my way home to look for some gauzy skirts and dresses to use in my final project. Despite that musty thrift store smell that I've never quite liked, it was kind of fun . As I was looking through the old wedding dresses in hopes of finding some type of tulle skirt, I happened upon this frilly dress. Ridiculous! Yes, it's true, but I tried it on and it fit like a glove and I couldn't part with it. It was also practically free. There was no brand label only a tag with "Union Made Garment"on it. I'm guessing it's pretty old.

Have you watched the Life and Death Brigade episode of the Gilmore Girls where they have that 20's style get away? This is the dress I would wear if I were ever to jump off that tower.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: