Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Clash of Sorts

Something that I quickly learned upon being married is that there are compromises that need to be made when you live together. More than just your bank accounts begin to merge and sometimes differences can cause rifts that were non-existent during dating and courtship. Music is one of those things. When John and I are driving together and we have shuffle mode going on the I-pod, there's often a scramble (aka fight to the death) to hit the "next" arrow to skip certain songs. Since school is looming in the near future, I saw this image in my head as I was driving today.


The list in the middle is actually quite a bit longer, which is a good thing, or else we might reenact Thunder Dome in the car.

*I actually have no idea what Thunder Dome is. John was standing behind me and wanted that put in. If we also had a diagram for movies, that would be on there under John's side.

5 comments:

beckie said...

This is hilrious. I love that Alanis Morisette is on John's side.

With Steve it is getting him to listen to more than just the first 30 seconds of the song...drives me nuts!

whitney allison said...

Seriously hilarious that Alanis Morisette and Fiona Apple are on John's only side. Too funny.

I agree though, music in the car is rough. We have a rule that whoever's car we're driving in, they get to pick the music. It helps, but some of his songs make me feel like I'm about to have a seizure. sp???

Emily said...

this is great! I totally agree with not liking pearl jam.

holtkamp said...

ha, ha we were actually talking yesterday about yours and john's different musical tastes. our discussion included the slackers show we went to in ghetto provo :)

Anne said...

Ah man, this is just like us. Ben still thinks he's a skater from the 90's (at least when he turns on his ipod). Makes me crazy! :)