Monday, June 1, 2009

Pumunta ka sa guerra at walat kang armas

As they were talking about Sotomayor's stance on the second amendment this morning on NPR, they also discussed New York's anti-nunchuck law (or nunchku). Supposedly they make a nice defense against knives and can be kept neatly under one's matress in case of a late night attack. I know the right to bear arms is an important subject, but as soon as they mentioned nunchucks, all I could think about was this.

Photo by Aaron Ruell

The title's translation from Tagalog is "You went to the war without any arms" and is what my mission companion once said to me when I asked her to grab me some toilet paper.

3 comments:

Emily said...

that's hilarious(!)- your mission comp's comment and Napolean Dynamite.

Wiwi Kalawi said...

Napoleon, I wouldn't worry too much about Sotomayer taking away your nunchucks. The 2nd Amendment protects you from the Feds. What you should worry about are the nasty state governments, but those are easier to manipulate.

Wiwi Kalawi said...

Oh, and don't you feel safer walking the streets of New York knowing Shredder's evil Foot Soldiers are not allowed to have nunchucks? Go Ninja, Go Ninja, Go!