Friday, June 5, 2009

And so ends the 2nd year

The last day of school for 7th graders was yesterday! The 12 year olds had to come a day earlier in the school year for 7th grade orientation so we get off a day earlier than everyone else. I still have to come to school, but there are no students for me to teach or supervise. Grades are done, the classroom is cleaned, so what I am doing, you may wonder. Well, after I unplug and turn off a set of 20 laptops while listening to Bullet with Butterfly Wings, I will study for my PLT test and then watch movies with the teachers upstairs. The faculty has a BBQ lunch put on by our principal later and I think after that we are released!

Yesterday I got the text book and parking pass for my photography class that starts next week at Salt Lake Community College. That place felt mini compared to BYU and it was very strange being back on any kind of campus that had full sized people.

One more thing, I finally got my car registered in Utah. I was a little sad as John took off my California plates yesterday. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I'm not very fond of the arch or skier on Utah plates. Maybe it's pride. Instead of my original beat-up Poway Toyota plate holder, I also put on a BYU alumni holder that my sister-in-law Stephanie gave me as a graduation present a few years ago. I've been reluctant to put that on too because I had no idea that the U vs. BYU rivlary was so strong here until I moved out of Provo. I guess I have never had any school spirit. One good thing is that Utah license plate numbers are super easy to remember compared to the long, no spaces, California numbers.

6 comments:

julianne rose said...

congrats on being done with the school year! :) it must feel wonderful.

and i felt the same way with my CA plates :(

holtkamp said...

sad day! :) on the utah skiier plates the squiggly line down the middle bugs me so i think i'll keep my CA plates.

Emily said...

Oh man! I have too much to say! Congrats on finishing your second year and I love that you're listening to Bullet with Butterfly Wings- classic! I'm excited for you for your photography class. And I'm very sad for you to have Utah plates. I seriously cried when I had to register my car in Wisconsin (and when I had to abandon my California drivers license). I had a bit of a hard time switching to Idaho plates too. Well, at least registration's a lot cheaper. . . .

Wiwi Kalawi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wiwi Kalawi said...

Nothing helps me unwind from a lot of stress like Smashing Pumpkins. I like how SLCC reminds me a lot of high school...maybe it's because of all of the kids walking around with their parents finding their lockers.

beckie said...

I felt the same exact way about my washington plates, even worse, the utah driver's license. If only someone hadn't stolen my other one...

And yea for the photography class, you have sucha great eye, I can't wait to see all your work