Sunday, June 14, 2009

17 kids in one Nursery is cute & crazy

Today was our second Sunday working in the nursery at church. We help with the 1 1/2 - 2 year old children. I must admit, we were both a little nervous since we felt our last time in nursery two years ago was a disaster, but we're loving it! It's fun to hold and play with all the sweet children. I had a little group of 3 teary-eyed girls sitting with me at the beginning of the day that all eventually went to play with the other kids (success!). John became the comforter to one of the boys. I can definitely see him as a father :) I think this is a good change even though we really liked our previous callings. John was able to make a lot of friends and I learned a lot about planning activities so I guess it was time to move on.

3 comments:

Emily said...

That's awesome you guys are in nursery! Good job with the kiddos. We loved nursery b/c we got to eat snacks and be together during all of church.

Lilly said...

We L-O-V-E-D being in nursery!! We just got released in November after about 2 years. We have 4 nurseries in our ward, which is crazy, but we never had more than 13 kids in ours. One tip that I got from Clark's mom is to buy cheap sippy cups and use them for snack time. No water spilled = happy nursery leaders. Then we just took them home each week and washed them. Don't you love seeing your husband with all the little kids?

Kristen said...

I know what you mean - learned some things so I guess it was time to move on. But still sad - looking forward to tomorrow night and 2 more months till LuLu gets to hang out with you. She's pretty cool until a temper tantrum comes! ;)